Overview of Project:
Refurbish Intake Screen – The intake screens ensure no debris that could damage the pump stations passes through and are essential for required flow. There are 3 screens – 2 in use and one spare. 2 of the screens are not fit for purpose
The refurbishment of these 2 intake screens will allow the plant to continue to meet the required performance to provide a reliable and long-term system for effectively collecting debris in the raw water intake tunnels.
Scope of Works:
The screens were repaired by:
- Undertaking a condition assessment
- replacing the galvanized mesh, nuts and bolts as per the scope of works.
- the free issue annodes and hardwood were prefitted and removed prior to blasting and painting
- the repaired screens were then blasted and painted as per WSA 201.t
- the screens were fully assembled in the Metal Maintenance workshop and returned to site for the Principal to reinstall.
This process was then repeated for the 2nd screen
Conclusion/Outcome: With the help of Neumann Contractors for blasting and painting the project was delivered on time and on budget and potentially will be carried out by Metal Maintenance every 2 years