Water Pumping Station – Refurbishment of Intake Screens
Overview of Project:
Refurbish Intake Screen – The intake screens ensure no debris that could damage the pump stations passes through and are essential for required flow. There are three screens – two are in use and one is a spare. Two of the screens are not fit for purpose
The refurbishment of these two intake screens will allow the plant to continue to meet the required performance to provide a reliable and long term system for effectively collecting debris in the raw water intake tunnels.
Scope of Works:
The screens were repaired by:
- Undertaking a condition assessment,
- replacing the galvanized mesh, nuts and bolts as per the scope of works,
- the free issue anodes and hardwood were pre fitted and removed prior to blasting and painting,
- the repaired screens were then blasted and painted as per WSA 201.t,
- the screens were fully assembled in the Metal Maintenance workshop and returned to site for the Principal to reinstall.
This process was then repeated for the second screen
With the help of Neumann Contractors for blasting and painting the project was delivered on time and on budget and potentially will be carried out by Metal Maintenance every two years.