Gravity Thickener Refurbishment
Overview of Project:
Metal Maintenance were contracted to dismantle and refurbish gravity thickener at a wastewater treatment plant.
Scope of Works:
The works included:
- Fully dismantle and remove gravity thickener,
- Sandblast, and paint all components,
- Reinstall all components,
- Realign the rake and drive,
- Mechanical service of the drive gearbox.
Some challenges included:
- Confined space entry,
- Working at height, and
- Working from a man box.
Task was completed as per the client scope of work and put back in service, the Client was happy with the outcome.